Left eye twitching superstition for female in Indian

Left Eye Twitching Superstition – India: The Indian left eye twitching superstition is the reverse of the Chinese version. So in India a twitching right eye is definitely a good sign while the left eye twitching is considered inauspicious. At times, eye twitching can also be based on the gender as well, so while left eye twitching is considered good for women it might be a bad sign for men.

Left eye twitching superstition India
Left eye twitching superstition India

Eye Twitching Superstition from Indians

In India, the superstition of eye twitching is reverse to the Chinese. Also, the eye twitching superstition in India is based on the eye that twitches, gender and the part of the eye that twitches.

In terms of the eye twitching, a twitch of the right eye is usually a good sign. It could mean that you will receive positive news, make money or be successful in some way. Unfortunately, twitching of the left eye is a bad omen.

Left eye twitching superstition female Indian_2
Left eye twitching superstition female Indian

Gender also dictates the meaning of twitching. Twitching on a woman's left eye is a good sign whereas it is a bad one for a man.

There are about five superstitions in India that are related to the part of the eye that twitches. Left eye pupil twitching is a sign of good luck, middle eye twitching signals money related gains, left eyelid shows that someone is about to undergo some worrying moments, if the lower part of the left eye twitches then you will be spending some money soon, and if the left eyebrow twitches then a child is about to be born and you will receive some positive news as well.

India-land of many believes and traditions. Lot of them are good and positive ones. We have been following them as part of legacy from old family members. And in the process of following them blind folded, we generally cross the fine line of distinction between believes/traditions and superstition. And hence, after some time, we get driven by superstition.

Left eye twitching superstition female Indians
Left eye twitching superstition female Indians

Today I got pulled up towards thinking about one of the very common belief/superstition being observed in Indian families – Twitching of eye. Twitching of right eye of a girl in considered a bad omen and twitching of left eye of a girl is considered a message of something good going to happen.

And for a boy, the meaning reverses-twitching of right eye is a good omen and twitching of left eye is a bad omen.

Left eye twitching superstition female Indians_2
Left eye twitching superstition female Indians

I very frequently observe my right eye twitching. And then, me being a girl-consider it a bad omen for me. Also, being an “open eyed” follower of believes and traditions I generally try to Google out the reason for this phenomenon.

As expected, I found few very obvious reasons – long hours of interaction with computer screen, dry eyes, stress etc.

Left eye twitching superstition female Indian
Left eye twitching superstition female Indian

So now when I know the scientific reasons of eye twitching, ideally, I should not worry when my right eye twitches. But this is not the case. Although my conscious mind knows and accepts this reasoning but my unconscious mind which has always been fed with some negative implications of right eye twitching goes in a wait of something negative to happen with me.

Here I would also like to mention a scientifically proven psychological fact that when we think negative, talk negative we attract negative things in our life. And when we think positive, stay positive, talk positive we attract positive things in our life. The right eye twitching has really a quantitative effect in my life. This must be happening to other people as well. As and when my right eye twitches I have a default response set- “Oh God, now what bad is going to happen with me”. And there starts a fight between my heart and my mind. My mind saying that not to worry, it’s just a scientific and biological phenomenon. My heart saying- I know something bad is going to happen. You just wait and watch something bad will surely happen. And this situation continues till my eyes go back to its normal-bright and positive situation J

Left eye twitching superstition India_2
Left eye twitching superstition India

I hope my mind wins some day, and keeps on winning so that my heart stops arguing. But it is of utmost important for us to understand that we should not pass on these superstitions to our next generation. We should ensure that kids should not even get to know any superstitious implications of any scientific/biological phenomenon. This would be little slow, but effective step to remove the stigma of superstition from Indian society. So, let’s take this step to take India ahead. Jai Hind.

And here is left eye twitching mean

Read more

Left eye twitching superstition in America